Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Confusion

Day 777 - when I first moved here I had no money and no job and I knew very few people. The interesting thing is that I was not scared. I just knew everything will align for me; everything will be fine. And it sure did. I found work and an apartment to live, I made new friends; I was so happy and smiled to the world and it shone on me. But now, two and a half years later I realized I am stuck; I think it's time to make some changes. My daughter is trying to convince me to spread my wings and fly again and I keep finding reasons to stay put. In the past few weeks, ever since I came back from my hiking trip I cannot find my bearings again. I don't want to play it safe, to follow the crowd; I want my life to be exciting again. Today I came back in a bad mood and told my partner that I am getting out of there, I can't do it anymore. And for me it is not  a question of "if" any more but a question of "when" and of course what's next for me, how to do that. And this is what I am going to focus on as of today. I am so happy I finally reached the point of no return. 

I am thankful for this confusion, it is the first step on a new road. I am thankful for my hiking trip that made it crystal clear that I have to make some changes. I am thankful for the light at the end of the tunnel; even it it is still very far out.

No comments: