Monday, March 25, 2013

A night to remember

Day 797 - Passover dinner. The first one for us in our home and not as guests at others' since we moved here. We had such an amazing time!!! Everything about it was so wonderful. From the table we set and decorated, the food we prepared and most of all the wonderful atmosphere since nothing works if the mood is not right. For a few hours we felt like a family. My youngest daughter was there, his youngest son and my daughter's friend. Three young people that brought their energy and their fresh ideas to the table, blending it well with generations old traditions and the outcome was so heart warming and fun. The intimacy of it was amazing and we all had a wonderful time. For each of us there were important "firsts" tonight. For me and my daughter - the first at home since we moved here. For her friend - the first in hebrew and in Israel. For my boyfriend and his son - the first they were celebrating together in ten years (!) and for the both of us - the first family holiday we celebrate together, the first one as a family. It was so loaded but it met all the expectations and more. I nevre celebrated such a long Seder - almost 5 hours of this fuzzy and warm feeling - what else one can ask for! and to top it all, when we finally finished the kids got into the kitchen and washed all the dishes and put all the leftovers in the fridge - how wonderful they were and we were so grateful for that! and so I am going to sleep tonight with a heart full to the brim.
 
I am so thankful for this amazing evening, for this amazing Seder I have no words to express my feelings I am just full of thanks. I am thankful to my partner who set all eveing across the table and his eyes glowing and at times with a hint of a tear. I am thankful for this wonderful girl who joined us tonight, her first Seder in our country and far away from her family with a Haggadah in Hebrew only (since I didn't even realize  I bought one in Spanish instead fo English for her) and yet she brought only joy and laughter to the table. I am thankful to my partner's son for being with us tonight and by that making it a family event for his dad; for bringing his funny side to the table and making it such a fun evening. I am thankful most of all to my daughter for being with me tonight, for bringing her love and care, her good nature and fun spirit; for playing along and by that making it an unforgetable eveing. I am thankful to her for her love and support, for her understanding for being with me here in this country, in this new life I carved out of the ashes. I am thankful for a night to remember.

No comments: