Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring fever

Day 782 - after cleaning the house on Friday I decided to tackle some of my clutter. I brought with me from my previous life several boxes of books and papers and I knew one day I'll have to sort them, I just didn't have time for that before I left and energy until now. I was in the kitchen, talking to my BF this afternoon when suddenly I had bad vibes coming at my direction from the kitchen porch and I just knew what I had to do. For the next four hours I went through the content of 3 boxes full of papers and book and through away most of it. Less than one box was left for future cleaning while the other two made their way to the recycling bin. It was a long process through memory lane but I came out at the other side of the tunnel feeling lighter and happier for doing that. I am so energized by now that I think tomorrow I am going to tackle few more boxes!! My BF strongly preaches for "cleaning the spiritual path" by removing the clutter and old memories from our way. Up until now I really resisted that and kept dragging all this unnecessary junk with me from across the ocean and from one rented apartment to the next. But today I finally decided that I am never going back to my old life so why should I keep all these things that I have no use for here in this country. I feel so happy about this today that the  pendulum might get to the other side - I might start throwing away too easily. Well, at the moment I have enough so it's not a concern any time soon.
 
I am thankful for this inspiration to throw away some of the clutter from my life. I am thankful for the space, both physical and metaphorical that opened up in its wake. I am thankful for getting rid of old stuff that does nothing but weigh me down. I am thankful for this spring fever

No comments: