Friday, March 29, 2013

House hunting, again

Day 801 - After almost 3 years in this wonderful country it is time for me to make some changes again. For a long time I am talking about moving out of the city and to a smaller place, about my desire to be close to the earth and finally I am making my first steps in this direction. about half an hour south of here there is a village that I like very much; an old one with a lot of small houses and with a very different feeling to it. This morning we drove there and looked at several houses. We didn't find anything we liked and places that seemed OK when I looked online did not look the same upon closer and personal inspection, but this is how house hunting works. I will drive there again and again until we'll find the place we like and ready to call home for the next year or longer. I wish I could buy a place so I won't have to keep moving but I can't so this is second best - rent in a place I like with the hope that living there will open some opportunities for me to find some hidden gems. We had a wonderful day warm and sunny with blue skies and fragrant with citrus blossom and we were looking for a place we'd want to call our home what else can I ask for. Another step in building my new life with my partner. and the exciting thing is that my daughter wants to move in with us. It is not something I take for granted and I am so happy about that. Since she got out of the army and moved to the big city we don't see each other as much and I hope living under the same roof will give us both the intimacy and the feeling of a family and home something she doesn't have since she moved out and I hope we will be able to find again. A home is something so loaded especially for someone who lost it, and this is the situation for the three of us. The solution is not necessarily the same for everyone but the need for a warm feeling of belonging, the need for family and some normalcy is something most people share. I hope we will be able to find a place that will give us what we are looking for and will enable us to  rebuild that which was lost.  
  
I am thankful for a wonderful day of house hunting. I am thankful for a perfect day for this important milestone. I am thankful for our courage to move forward and not freeze by the sheer magnitude of what we are doing, the greater commitment we are making; the declaration that we are really in this relationship for the long run; that as far as I am concerned I found the man I want to be with for the rest of my days on this earth. I am so thankful to my daughter for wanting to move back home and live with us in this wonderful place.  

No comments: