Saturday, March 30, 2013

A great hike

Day 802 - we just came back home from a long day of hiking. It's so good week after week to go out and spend a whole day in nature instead of staying home and work on our computer. We stretch our limbs, we breath fresh air, spend time with friends and with each other and keep our bodies happy and healthy. I can't think of one good reason not to hike. It is so easy and non expensive and fun. People traveling all over the world and neglect to see the little treasures on the sides of the roads here at home for a fraction of the price and available at all times. For us right now it's prefect. From one week to the next we can see how we get in better shape, how we do things so differently than our friends, how we started in the same place but we are now so much ahead. I am not bragging; it is not an ego talk. This si a simple observation that fills me with so much happiness. I forgot to take my sun screen today and I feel my face a little too hot, suggestion I might got a little sun burned but I will be OK tomorrow and the joy of today's beautiful trip will still be with me. So all is wonderful.
 
I am thankful for a wonderful day of hiking today in a place I last visited almost 40 years ago. I am thankful for a great day I spent with my beloved. I am thankful I'm tired for such a good reason.

No comments: