Friday, March 8, 2013

Spring cleaning

Day 780 - Friday was always my house cleaning day. But ever since my partner moved in with me he was taking care of it during the week while I was at work. It's nice of course but I don't like the feeling I am not doing enough for my home.  I have to learn how to be better at accepting help, but it is always a challenge for me. But this week was a little hectic and so he didn't do it during the week. And so after a lazy morning, while he was cooking dinner I decided to clean the house. It might sound funny but after such a long time I even enjoyed it; to dust every corner and every surface; to go into hard to get places. He still insisted on washing the floors but at least I did part of it. And two hours later the house was sparkling, dinner was ready and we were happy for doing things together. It's so easy to please people who enjoy each other's company; even the most boring or disliked chores become fun when you do it together, or when you do it to make him/her happy. I never did something like that before and I have to admit I like it. I think I learned something very important today and I sure would love to repeat it; to treasure this simple pearl of wisdom - when you love everything you do is being painted in lovely colors. 
  
I am thankful for such a nice afternoon of cleaning and cooking. I am thankful for the joy I find in the most mundane places, for doing it with the man I love. I am thankful I found such partner who want to be part of everything I do and does not think that certain things are not for him to do. I am thankful for a very clean house for Sabbath.   

No comments: