Saturday, March 2, 2013

Second family chalenges

Day 774 - When you get into a second family situation it's always a delicate matter. It doesn't really matters whether we are married or not. there's still the "his children" and "her children" and the ex and the former relatives. How do you handle it, how do you conduct yourself, what are the boundaries and the expectations... So here I am on this uncharted territory as far as I am concerned, and I have my opinion of my do's and dont's. And my partners opinions might be different. How do we bridge it to make our lives as smooth as possible while dealing with this mine field? do you go despite how you feel just because your new partner wants you there or do you insist on not going? and what to say and how to behave and how far would you go to make your partner feel good... All valid questions that as we get deeper into our relationship we will have to answer. 

I am thankful for an event that brought up the subject and I am thankful for the need to struggle with the answers right now, when it's only hypothetical and no feeling involved, except pride. I am thankful I have the personal strength to go to his family event, when I know almost no one but him; I sure hope he'll act the same way.

No comments: