Saturday, March 9, 2013

A beautiful spring day

Day 781 - It's Saturday and the day was beautiful; blue skies, sunny and warm. And so we packed few sandwiches, some fruits and a bottle of water and we drove few minutes from our apartment to the south of the city. It always amazes me how in a few minutes the scene transforms itself from the bustling of a big city to the serenity of nature. All was lush green, full of wild flowers and blooming trees, the air rich with the fragrances of all the flowers. It's nature at its best. Vigorous growth, busy bees and butterflies, you feel the renewal everywhere. This is where a year and a half ago a wild fire destroyed hundreds of acres of wild forest and now it is hard to see signs of it. Nature in a wild force of renewal did its work. And I was hiking there in all this beauty loving all I see around me; enjoying the day, the scene and most of all the company and in the same time I was thinking humans lives were lost here in this area in the same horrific fire and for that there is no recovery. We don't count new life that were born since then as a substitute for the ones lost. The powerful renewal of nature stops there. I did not let these sad thoughts to dwell for very long. Nature did its thing with me too. And I walk there in this beautiful park almost drunk of joy. We hiked for few hours among the flowers, in the dry river (brook) bed, jumping and climbing the boulders on our path, all the way to the sea, to the foothill of mount Carmel. It was so good to be outdoors after a long week at the office. I wish I could do it more often. 
  
I am thankful for a beautiful day of hiking. I am thankful for an amazing spring day I could enjoy so much since it is Saturday - my day off. I am thankful I have a partner who loves these things as much as I do so we can enjoy it together.      

No comments: