Monday, March 18, 2013

A holiday lecture

Day 790 - Passover is almost here and we had a little gathering at work today to celebrate it. We also had a guest speaker after the toast and he was absolutely amazing. He talked about our country and the changes it goes though; he talked about the situation in the middle east; about the changes in the Arab world in the past two years. I  have to admit don't watch TV nor listen to the radio, I don't even read newspapers. I know it is not something people agree with but this is how I choose to live, I don't want bad news and needless information to clutter my spiritual path. But, I guess I'll have to find some balance between the two. The lecture today was so amazing for me since I knew nothing of all he talked about. He is known to be a bright analyst so I might not be able to reach the same conclusions or see the big picture the way he does, but I should know something and not to be a complete ignorant. In any event, I even recorded his lecture so I can listen to it again and share it with my partner who is no better in this than me. I liked what I heard; he talked about very positive changes here in our country, he had some interesting things to say about the evens unfolding in the countries surrounding us; winds of hope engulfed me. I didn't know our country is doing so well, I didn't understand why or future prospects and I liked what I heard. It made me see one more facet of why the move I did was smart. It made me thing of changes I still have to make here. But most of all it filled me with optimism and that is always a good thing.

I am thankful for this amazing lecture. I am thankful for all I learned today. I am thankful for changes I'll be making because of that. I am thankful I live in this wonderful country, my homeland, that I can once again call home; I am so proud to belong here.

No comments: