Monday, February 18, 2013

Doing the unthinkable

Day 762 - it is my birthday today. I love birthdays, unlike many women my age I don't mind the extra year. I feel great, I am so happy so why should I mind the years. They bring with them inner peace and happiness, they brought new love into my life, new and exciting experiences... I would not want to be twenty or thirty again. I am happy in my own skin and I would not trade places with anyone. To celebrate the event we went to a cafe known for its desserts and we decided to do desserts only dinner. It was a very interesting and intriguing idea but proved to be harder than expected. We declared defeat after 4 cakes only and almost in a food coma... it was delicious, it was fun and we loved the idea of doing the unthinkable... but we couldn't even finish - it was just to much (I didn't think I will ever say something like that!!). We spent few hours there eating and talking and laughing and had a great time; and we loved the idea and the courage to try it. Next year we'll go for savory, though. I had such a great time!!!
  
I am thankful for a great birthday full of fun. I am thankful for having such a partner that plays along with my crazy ideas. I am thankful for all the good wishers, for all the friends who called and posted and cared. I am thankful for such a very special birthday. . 

No comments: