Friday, February 15, 2013

The healing power of music

Day 759 - We had a visit of a choir of male singers today at the hospital. A choir of volunteers that are going to hospitals, schools for special needs children and to other such places. I was a little skeptic when they first contacted us about coming for a visit. But I was pleasantly surprised; the choir people very nice, and the impact on our patients was beyond my wildest dreams. We took them to a pediatric ward to sing to our young patients and we took the to one of the internal medicine ward - always a difficult ward but the presence of these men and the joy they brought with them was contagious. The nurses cried, some of the patients and their companions. In short, once again I got a window into the depth of the connection of heart (soul); of the effect that creativity has on our minds. It also brought with it the realization of how little we have to have in order to be happy. and most of all they brought with them the healing vibes of music. It's eternity, the fact it crosses borders and nationalities. It bridges enemies and bring solace to the sad. One of the choir members told me that this is real charity - he puts his heart into it., not only money. 

I am thankful I was part of the moving morning of music. I am thankful for people like that who walk their talk, who are ready to give their time and talent to freely in order to bring a smile to the face of a suffering man. 
        

No comments: