Friday, August 29, 2014

About adult children

Day 1317 - still under the impression of my son's accident. He sent me pictures today and I'm glad I talked to him before I saw pictures of the car he was in. It sure is scary. I started reading about concussions so I understand a little more what it means and it's not funny; it's a brain injury and it has to be taken seriously. I told him that but he is not doing enough to follow the instructions his doctors gave him. All I can do is to hope he'll be ok. It's not easy to be parents to older kids, they don't have to listen to us anymore and can so what ever they please. And we have to sit back, take a deep breath and let them make all the decision without our interference. We did it back then, when we were their age; now it's their time to do that just as well.
I am thankful my son is doing well and got lucky with only minor injuries. I am thankful to see him making decisions about his health and his life and like every parent I pray they'll be the right ones.

No comments: