Sunday, August 31, 2014

Fall is almost here

Day 1319 - the first rain of the season; not a serious one but still, about two months ahead of norm so it's a big deal. You can already feel the fall creeping in. The nights are cooler, the first leaves starting to change colors and the days are shorter. But rain is a different story altogether. Last year was very dry so I hope this early rain is a sign for a good year to come. We live in a very dry country so we live by the amount of rain we get, so this is big news. And we learn to appreciate and live every drop of rain. So, today we had the first rain of the season, big news, my friends. Still it's early in the season so the rest of the day was hot and muggy, but it's already getting cooler again, as the hours pass and the night deepens. I love this season, the feeling of early fall. It's not so dramatic like in New England but still pretty and special. I am thankful for the reminder of the passing of the seasons. I am thankful for this little hint of early fall. I am thankful for an amazing month at the store, our very best yet; it will be a real challenge to follow.

No comments: