Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bathroom Art

Day 231I am on week 7 of the program “The Artist’s Way”. I am not an artist yet, but I have a lot of fun. This week is about “recovering a sense of connection”. And she is saying that when we stretch up in order to create it is not sustainable, but for a great personal price. The right way to do that is to realize that all is there already; we just have to connect with it. We just have to bend down and pick it up. I was supposed to write the mantra “Treating myself as a precious object will make me strong” and post it so I will see it daily. I chose to write in in washable markers on the mirror in my bathroom!! I wrote the phrase and enjoyed it so much so I started to decorate around it, and then added some extra words all over the mirror, and then a little poem I conjured on the spot (not a great one, but I sure had fun writing it) and then another poem (ditto for the comment). In short, I filled the whole mirror with fun scribbles.  I had so much fun; to the point that I thought maybe I can do that as an art project – mirror paintings. Because of the double layer it gives really cool effects. And now every time I get into the bathroom, I smile, even thinking about it makes me smile. In one silly action I managed to connect with the inner child in me and bring a smile, and brighten a place that had no such silliness to it before.

I am thankful for this spur of the moment creativity; I had so much fun doing that. I am thankful I found in me the little spark I am so looking for; I hope it will start growing, now that we have found each other again. I am thankful for this program that brings out so many wonderful things I didn’t know I had in me. I am thankful for this gift. 

No comments: