Thursday, September 22, 2011

About Second Chances

Day 247 – for months I kept writing about how happy I am that I left home, how happy I am to be alone and I really did think all of it. But, three weeks ago I met someone and suddenly I don’t really think about  that anymore. I am still very careful about my to-do lists and all the fun activities I do all the time, but suddenly someone is creeping into my calendar, and more so into my life. This is very strange and unfamiliar; I don’t even remember the last time I dated. And now this guy is leaving his foot prints all over my days. From morning coffees to phone calls during the day, to evening meetings, if we both have time or just a longer talk on the phone.  Funny how fast we started creating some kind of rituals throughout our days, and even stranger is the fact that I catch myself thinking about him, or walking around with a silly smile smeared on my face. I hesitated for a few days whether to write about this or not, especially since it has such a slim chance to last, but if I want to stay honest, I have to. So here I am, writing - I met a guy...

I am thankful for this random encounter that brought us together. I am thankful for small moments of happiness. I am thankful for this opportunity to open my heart again, and give life a second chance to make it right.

No comments: