Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Our New Year Celebration

Day 253 – it is the eve of our New Year.it is always a big question – where everyone is going to celebrate it. My ex came to our daughter graduation last week and he leaves only tomorrow morning, so we decided to celebrate it together. Like every good holiday with lots of people – 21 – there was plenty of food. The company was wonderful and it was a great evening. We were there for more than 5 hours and it was very, very pleasant. I forgot how much fun family meetings can be, even if technically, it is my family anymore, it’s from my ex’s side. I love that family (the hosting family) and so it is always fun to spend time with them and if I don’t want to feel awkward then there is no reason for it. The hostess read an interesting piece about the New Year – we all wish each other for a happy new year. But this is something we should not only wish and let the play unfold, but we should take an active role in making sure we’ll have a good year. We should make it into a good year and we should do it with the help of friends and family, together any load is easier. This is really something to think about. Just like I made the year we just finished a very good year, by deciding that every moment is precious, that every moment is something to celebrate. I am not there yet, but I am sure working on it. And even at that stage of imperfection is infinity than before.
I am so thankful for a day full of activities for the holidays. I am thankful for the idea to use my own art for the first time as present – I made nice framed pictures from some of my better photographs and it made me so happy. Two are really good and I am going to make it even bigger and hang it on my wall. I am most of all thankful for an absolutely amazing evening of holiday celebration, of family reunion, for a great hospitality, great food and wonderful atmosphere. I am thankful that even though I am not family anymore I am still invited to this exclusive group. I am thankful for their warm welcoming and friendship.

No comments: