Monday, September 12, 2011

New Commers

Day 237– good friends of mine just moved back here after two and a half years there, in the same town as I did, and I went to visit her today. It was very interesting. They are still in the absorption period and are totally out of it. Their furniture still on the way, so the house is pretty empty, only mis-matched things they got from friends; the families are so happy to have them back here so they almost choke them with love…  The only bright light is that the kids are happy and so I know they will all be fine, but it is a rough patch, for sure. I am looking at it and I am thinking to myself – how lucky I was, how easy was my absorption, and I understand the same thing I told my daughter a few days ago – that by staying there longer then we wanted, we actually became better at loving our country. That had we came back years ago, we might have been in the same position as she is in right now. I told my friend – I actively chose not to look at the ugly or upsetting side of living here,  I chose to be happy and not to nickel and dime my life, my happiness is not dependent on anything external, it is mine, it is  inside me and no one can take it away. It is very empowering to understand that I have the key to my happiness; every person has the key to his own heart, his own fate. And if I am not happy – then I am responsible to re-write it with a different ending. So my friends, might be totally confused right now and not sure of their steps but I am sure they made the right choice and I will help them to see how wonderful everything is.

I am thankful for these friends who just moved here. I will try to be the friends they need and help them to go through the chaos. I love them and their girls so I am very happy they moved back and I sure that soon we will be able to see each other more, and I am very thankful for that. I am extremely tired and so I am also thankful for a good night sleep.  

No comments: