Sunday, September 18, 2011

New Classes

Day 243 – I decided not to take the dance class I tried last week, because it cost more than a gym membership every month. And my budget is very tight so since they have belly dancing in the gym, I decided to give it a try. So this evening I went at 8 pm to the gym. They first had a Pilates class and only then the belly dancing. I didn’t do pilates for over a year now, even before I moved here and it is a class I loved very much, and I was happy to see that it is just before the belly dancing. So I spent over two hours at the gym and had much fun, both classes were very good; the belly dancing was not as good as the one I tried last week but good enough that I won’t mind the substitution. So my calendar today became even busier - I put in another entry:  Sunday two hours at the gym.
So Sunday is Pilates and belly dancing, Monday is folk dancing, Tuesday still free evening, Wednesday fold dancing, Thursday painting. I have to find something for Tuesday (JK) – just a regular gym workout. But on a more serious note, I love it that so many things are of interest to me, I love it that my evenings are filled with fun activities. I love the challenges and the enrichment to my life that all these classes give me, and they keep my body in a very good physical condition. Something we have to take very seriously as we get older.  I was very happy that even though I didn’t do Pilates for so long, I didn’t have any trouble keeping up with the class.
I am thankful for a wonderful evening full of physical activities and full of fun. I am thankful I thought of trying the belly dance class before joining the class I tried last Wednesday. And I am thankful I found a good Pilates class. I am thankful for a week full of physical activity. I am thankful my body can take all that and be happy.

No comments: