Thursday, September 8, 2011

An Evening on the Beach

Day 233I live in a city by the sea; I love the sea and I cannot get enough of it and yet I didn’t go even once into the water the whole summer. It was a pretty startling discovery for me. And so today after work I went home, changes into swim suite and drove to the beach. The water in September is great. It’s warm and very calm, almost no waves and at 6pm not many people are still inside. I stayed in the water, frolicking, for about half an hour and then I just set on the beach and watched the sunset. Not a spectacular one, but sunset on the beach is always a festive occasion. And the whole experience from start to finish was wonderful. I can say I don’t know how come I let so many days pass without going to the beach, but there is no point to that, instead I am choosing to look at the bright side – I did it today and I will try to do it as much as possible. Maybe I’ll go at sunrise tomorrow, it’s a perfect setting. Sunset on the beach – it’s like a prayer, like a song.

I am so thankful for this idea to go to the beach. I am thankful for my evening swim and even more so for a sunset. I am thankful for the song and happiness it brings to my life.

No comments: