Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Dancing Class

Day 239 – last week I found on a bulletin board an ad for a dance class. Dance from your belly, which ‘ in our language means also – dance from your gut. and so today I went to the first lesson. It was a class very different from any dance class I ever took. We danced for two hours and it was so much fun. I am very tired now, at the end of the class, and I am sure I’ll feel many muscles I didn’t know I have, but it was so much fun. It is based on belly dancing techniques but with a lot of improvisation and just dancing to the music. Just our feet, or our belly, or our hands and it just draws you in; it really was a very special experience. I had a lot of fun today and it brought a  very different skills set, and a very unique experience. We made an introspective painting in class and I said that mine is about fire and light. I said that I want to live my life with all the energy that is burning in me. I want to live my life without hesitation and I want to walk on the edge. I want every minute to be accounted for and lived. I want fire and danger and to dare trying new things, to have the courage to want and to dream and to try; to have the permission to fail.  Tomorrow I am taking a painting class and then I’ll decide what class I am going to take for this coming year.
I am thankful for this wonderful opportunity to connect with my inner child, and with my inner woman, with my inner wants and desires.  I am thankful for this opportunity to try new things and explore my wants at this specific junction. I am thankful for the freedom I have to do whatever I want and try as many different things as I please. I am thankful to be here and now and in such high spirit that I am actually able to enjoy it all. I am thankful for the abundance I am living in.    

No comments: