Saturday, September 24, 2011

Our little Dog Park

Day 249 – I took my dog today to the park, like every day and it was empty.  We stayed there for about 20 minutes and just when we were about to leave a young woman came with a very cute dog. My dog immediately went to them and started playing and she was a little hesitant. I calmed her down and told her it’s OK, I was just as afraid few months ago, when my dog started coming to this park. Let them play, they will do fine, I told her. And they sure did. For the next hour we got a display of two playful dogs out to have fun. It was so cute! The girl’s mom joined us at some point and the three of us just sat there talking and having fun as well. It is so nice this local park where all dog owners of our neighborhood can meet and get to know each other. Even here, in my country where people are more open you don’t just walk to someone and start talking; the dog park does it for us. We all know each other, and the little dog stories and slowly the families’ stories as well, and everyone is welcome into the group, as long as they have a dog in toe. New friendships are forged there; new neighbors are welcomed into the community. It is such a unique and welcoming place.
I am thankful to live two minutes’ walk from the little dog’s heaven. I am thankful to all the friendly people I meet on its paths. I am thankful for acquaintances and friendships forged there, for the welcoming atmosphere it adds to our little neighborhood.

No comments: