Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Druze Villages

Day 228I woke up very early this morning after a restless night, but I managed to get back to sleep after an hour. When I finally woke up I decided that I am going to take my artist’s date this week in the two Druze villages in the area. It is always bustling with activity on a Saturday and this is exactly what I was aiming for – the color and action of so many people. I know I am paying more on a weekend, but it was so much fun. I wondered in and out of stores. Looked at all the merchandise; most of it is imported for China or India these days and not local crafts, as it used to be, but still so much fun. I liked all the clothes hanging out side of store, flying in the breeze, the restaurants, the music store, the galleries and the people both local and visitors. Fascinating. I was looking for a long time now for bed spreads and couldn’t find anything I liked and today in this bustling market I found what I was looking for – two beautiful covers – one for my bed in deep red color and one for my daughter’s bed in deep green. And it looks exactly how I wanted it to look.
I am thankful that after months of searching, I found the bed spreads I was looking for. I am thankful for a very lovely and enriching artist’s date. I am thankful for a very lovely afternoon. And at the edge of the villages you can still see the remains of the huge forest fire I wrote about, back in December, this is actually where the fire started – and I was happy and thankful to see today the villages returning to life, recovering from the massive disaster.   

No comments: