Saturday, April 26, 2014

A date with my daughter

Day 1192 - I drove to the big city today to spend the day with my daughter. When I left home it was kind of gloomy but an hour later the sky started clearing and the air warmer. After a long breakfast in a cafe on the boardwalk we decided we needed more serious beach time. So we just bathed in the sun for way too long as I found out too late. The problem with sunburn is that by the time you see the first signs it's already serious. The redness kept developing for hours later and by the evening my face was burning and the color was of a ver ripped tomato. Now I am treating myself to generous quantities of Alo Vera to try to remedy that. But it did not spoil our day. We just went to a little cafe to get away from the sun and happened to fall on one that a young singer with a guitar just started a gig there. He was so good and the place so lovely that we spend few hours there, talking and enjoying the music. It was such a wonderful day and I had so much fun speeding precious time with my daughter with all the universe just giving a helping hand to make it even better. We don't get to do it enough so I really cherish every such occasssion.

I am thankful to my daughter for such a great day. I am thankful for every monent of it, it was perfect. I am thankful to the universe for giving a helping hand. I am thankful I found an open drugstore so I could buy something to eliviate the discomfort of my sunburned face.

No comments: