Thursday, April 24, 2014

A very special treat

Day 1190 - It is a nice gesture in our networking group to give a birthday present in the form of a free testing of a service we offer. We put all the envelopes offering these treats and the birthday boy/girl pulls an envelope and get that special treatment. I drew a gift of facial treatment from one of the women in my group. Today was the day we scheduled for that. I was really looking forward to that. I didn't treat myself (my skin) to something like that in many years. It was amazing. She is a reflexologist as well and I had the best of time. An hour and a half later I walked out of her clinic as if on a cloud. Looking so much better and feeling just amazing. Even as she was doing her thing I decided I am going to start taking better care of myself and I am going to sign up for a set of treatments; I deserve it and my skin will thank me for that. I don't know why I have this habit of not pampering myself as if it's a badge of honor to wear. Thinking about it this is just the opposite, I should feel bad for neglecting my needs, for not pampering and nurturing myself. And I made a decision to start doing that more, I really can't find even one good reason why not.
 
I am thankful to my friend for the amazing treatment. I am thankful for her generous gift. I am thankful for an eye opening experience, and for new understandings as a result of that.

No comments: