Friday, April 18, 2014

Simple joys

Day 1184 - Friday once again. We didn't eat healthy in a very long time. Between the very long hours, the packing, the move. And we both feel it; I nurse an almost constant heartburn, despite my medications. So it was decided that tonight we are finally going to cook again. So yesterday night we bought all the necessary ingredients and tonight, after work and beach day we came home, cleared some space on the counter and started chopping vegetables for a soup. For most people a soup is only one of several courses but for me it's a full meal. I am so happy to report we had a wonderful soup and some wind and my stomach and my heartburn are both so very quiet. How such simple things like eating home again can make one so very happy.

I am thankful for an afternoon on the beach. I am thankful for a lovely evening of cooking. I am thankful for simple things we get to enjoy. I am thankful for a very special day.

No comments: