Wednesday, April 16, 2014

About possessions

Day 1182 - I cannot find the will to unpack my stuff. The house is much smaller and I don't have as much storage place as I did before. So every item creates a dilemma of sort. Where to store it and now more and more I keep asking myself do I really need it or can I toss it away. Without really noticing it we become slaves of our belongings or should I say we become their belonging. I live alone or with a partner that reduced his possessions to the bare minimum so most of what we have here is mine. I have to get a bigger house to store all this mess. I am paying higher rent so my books and pictures and way too many close will have a place to rest. I think I'm starting to cut down. I seems so silly to work so hard to stow away stuff. One day I'll be gone and all these things I say painstakingly accumulated will become the burden of my kids. Just like the kids who rented this apartment to us. So maybe I can take a head start and start the process. But for now I unpacked one more box, opened another and got discouraged and I am just going to take a shower and go to sleep. I'm tired after the long drive yesterday.
 
I am thankful for the clarity I got today. I am thankful for the opportunity to change my habits a little.   I am thankful for for another box, another suitcase; for baby steps I make, regardless.

No comments: