Sunday, April 13, 2014

Cooking for the holiday

Day 1179 - it's Passover eve tomorrow and we are going to celebrate it with my parents. My job was to make the fish (gefilte Fischer) it's called. But I just moved and I had to unpack enough to find pots and lids, spoons and knives and most of all spices to make it right. It's the middle of the night and I am cooking. But it's in my new house, it is for an evening with my daughter and my parents. I am so thankful for that, especially since two months ago I wasn't sure my dad will make it to this happy moment. So I am tire and cooking but my heart is singing, with praises to the creator for sparing him, for giving us extra time with us here.

I am thankful I can cook at my new home. I am thankful I can am going to celebrate my holiday with my parents. I am thankful I can go to sleep now, I am so very tired but the mission was accomplished.

No comments: