Saturday, December 6, 2014

A quiet evening at home

Day 1416 - I was home alone this evening and looking at my apartment it suddenly donned on me how little did I pay attention to it in a very long time. We are in the store for so many hours and by the time we get home I don't have the energy nor the will to look around. I have to admit it became a habit and as soon as my daughter left I thought of what to do now. But then, as soon as the realization crept in, I stopped and just looked around. It has the potential to be a very lovely place but I stopped short of bringing it to that place. And I know it's all just excuses for something deeper and more profound. And so I took the broom and gave it a good sweep and than grabbed a book and settled on the couch for a quiet evening at home, where I can enjoy the place and the book and some alone time I rarely have. I really don't need much to be at home; just the time and intent. From my numerology class I know that this year is a year of a lot of questions and doubts about my future. So this is all part of the process and I welcome it all. I am thankful for a great weekend at my patents'. I am thankful for every one of those visits and hope for many more to come. I am thankful my daughter is here tonight making more progress on her trip plans. I am thankful for an evening by myself, for some alone time and for a great use of that time.

No comments: