Wednesday, December 24, 2014

I bought a house

Day 1434 - the truth is I knew right away I like the house we saw yesterday. I also knew I cannot pay the price they asked and not even close to it. So I hedged my excitment presuming there is not much of a chance they will accept my offer. We talked to the realtor, actually my partner did, and told her the constrains. We told her we like the house very much but cannot pay the price and we gave her the price I can go for. An hour later she called and said the owner are willing to meet us and see if we can find a mutual ground. Now, I am not good at negotiation and after a year of running the store I know my partner is really good at it and what I like best is that he is doing it in a very gentle way and makes the other side want to help and cooperate. It's an amazing talent he has and I knew its the only chance we have to get this apartment. But I was ready to walk away even though I loved it if need be. And so we met this evening and after less than half an hour we shook hands on the deal that was even better than I was hoping for. So we have only verbal agreement and I will not celebrate it until we will sign the contract. But it looks like I bought a house and an amazing one at that. I am so very happy, on so many levels. I am more thankful I can even express in words. I am so thankful to so many people along the way whom without their help I would not be here today. I feel the planet smiles at me for doing things right, for being a good and honest person, for not looking for more than I need. I am thankful beyond words to my beloved partner who helped me so gently and elegantly to get the house I would love to own and live in for many years to come.

No comments: