Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Frying the night away

Day 1427 - I don't like the smell of fried oil. And so I avoid frying as much as I can. We were probably the only house that never made French fries; if my kids wanted to eat some it had to be in a restaurant. The only exception is once a year on one of Hannukah days I used to make fries "latkes" which is minced potatoes seasoned and fried. And today was that day. Now I ate my share of "latkes" until next year and my house smells like fried oil. I already opened all the windows and burnt a stick of insece but I guess only time will take that smell eventually out of here. But I can say that I fulfilled one of the holiday requirement, the other is lighting a candle which I did. Thanks god we have a "deep frying holiday" only once a year. But I have to admit it was very tasty, at least that.

No comments: