Thursday, December 25, 2014

Day one of transfer

Day 1435 - so yesterday we shook hands on the deal but no paper was signed. Coming from the states, where I did a lot of real estate transactions, this is very strange and unsettling for me. So I said nothing about that and since the agreement was that our lawyers will contact each other and prepare the contract I called mine early today. He did not understand my uneasiness or the fact that I don't feel like its a done deal and told me they already talked and have a game plan. That early next month we will sign the contract and if all goes well I will get the keys at the end of March, as we agreed, so I won't have to renew my contract here and I can just move there. So for now, before all the legal checks are done everything looks OK and hopefully in three month I will have my own place and a beautiful one at that. But the journey has just begun and I hope for no surprises. I am thankful I woke up this morning and the deal is still valid, with no written agreement I was a little unsure of that. I am thankful I have a trusted lawyer that takes care of my interest and lead this transaction. I am thankful to be a day closer to the closing date; I am not very patient about that..

No comments: