Monday, December 22, 2014

It's winter for real now

Day 1432 - heavy rains in a very hilly city is a recipe for problems. I went out of the house today and ran to my car. I knew I will get wet but I forgot about the gushing water running down my street and under my car. The only way to get into the car was to step into this river and so I did because I wanted to get out of the torrential rain. So was was wet from top to bottom with no extra close for the next few hours. I sure hope not to catch some cold. But once I was in the car and driving it was very interesting to watch the water running down the streets in such a force; add to that strong winds that made the umbrellas useless and you have a real winter scene. It's good for nature, for the plants as well as for the water reserves but I sure prefer to watch it from the safety of my house or my store and not to be a very wet part of that scene. I am thankful to be home now, nice warm and dry under my blanket. I am thankful for a real winter day.

No comments: