Monday, December 8, 2014

A quiet evening

Day 1418 - I never lived through so many ups and downs as in this relationship. We fight and we make up and we fight again. It's not easy for sure and sometimes it's so frustrating that I just want to give up. But this is what happens when you are really emotionally involved and not skimming the surface. I read so many times about very stormy couples and could never understand it but when you have something so special, so worth preserving you are ready to fight and ready to fight for it as well. I sure have to learn how to disagree and not bring it to a world war, I sure have to learn how to live with a partner without any one of us controlling the other and trying to force my opinion. I sure have to learn how to fight fairly. But I am lucky I have a partner who loves me so much that he is ready to get more than his share of my combative nature without giving up. But at the end of a bad day or two we still find the way back to each other, a little shaken but still so much in love. I just hope we will find a way to calm things more as time goes by since sometimes I feel like a boxer in the areana, exhausted at the end if yet another round. I am thankful for a quiet and peaceful evening. I am thankful I have such a partner I love that much. I am thankful for every quiet day, for moments of sheer joy as well as moments of frustration or resentment ; this is all what gives color to life, to our life as a couple.

No comments: