Monday, December 15, 2014

Being a storekeeper

Day 1425 - a sunny day after days of rain is always nice, even if I could not really enjoy it since I was indoors all day. It's a problem having a store, you have to be there and can't do much else. I was there today from 9 am until 9 pm. A very long day indeed. My partner had some stuff to take care of so he also visited one of our suppliers and brought back a lot of new things, thus the late hour. It's very exciting to go over all these new things and marvel at their beauty and than we have to price it and decide how to display it, and it all takes time. But at the end of this long day the store looks even better than before and everything is in the right place. And now I am very tired and tomorrow is another long day so I am going to start my nightly rituals. But it was a good day and I sure enjoyed it even if I did not walk outside in the warm and bright day that was a perfect ending to a very wet week. I am thankful for a beautiful day, I like it even if it was from afar. I am thankful for good traffic in the store today, a sunny day is always a welcoming environment for shoppers. I am thankful for all the new things we have and I hope it will resonate with our clients.

No comments: