Tuesday, December 23, 2014

House hunting - an update

Day 1433 - still in the house hunting business and I have to admit its tiring. I work long hours and I don't have the time for it. So I do it in spurs. I look at the ads for a few weeks, look at some houses, getting discouraged and stop looking. After a few weeks I'll start it all over again. Not very efficient, for sure. So I decided to recruit a realtor to help even though it is not as common here as it is in the states. So every so often when she has something she thinks I might like she calls me and take me to see it. There was a nice house a few weeks ago but I didn't like the location. Few days ago I saw another house I really didn't connect with and I tried to explain to her why. And she got it. The apartment we saw today was spot on. Now I have to decide if the so many stairs is a good enough reason to dismiss it and of course the way too high asking price. But at least I finally saw a place I would be happy to call home after almost five years in which I moved from one shabby place to the next. So I am thankful for my hope is up again that I might be able to find a decent house in my budget. I am thankful for the help I get, I wouldn't be able to do it on my own, alone.

No comments: