Thursday, March 13, 2014

Late night rains

Day 1148 - Another late networking night arriving home close to midnight with an early start tomorrow since it's Friday, our mall day. It was about 20 minutes north of the city thus extra 20 minutes driving and in this extra time it took us to get home there was such a heavy rain that I was not sure at times if we can even make it to the next exit safely. I don't remember such heavy rains in a very long time and it sure not very pleasant to drive in such conditions. But when it catches you on your way home and it's almost midnight there isn't much you can do but keep driving and hope it will end soon. But all well if it ends well and it did. Now I am warm and dry at home and ready to call it a day; appreciating the fact that I have a place to sleep tonight, that I am dry and warm and with no worries other than the late hour.
 
I am thankful for a very interesting evening. I am thankful for making it home safe and dry. I am thankful for food and shelter and warmth. I am thankful for all the gifts in my life.

No comments: