Thursday, May 5, 2011

Being at Home

Day 107 - My last day here this week. I am flying tomorrow to finally meet  my son and we are going to spend the weekend together. On Sunday night I am coming back here, I'll see my daughter again for a few hours and on Monday morning I am going back home. I met three of my friends today for lunch and they asked me how do I feel coming back here, and how do I feel being there. I think that what i finally realized is that I can feel at home only when I am at peace with myself, only when I am at home within my own body, my own soul. If I am happy all is good and where ever I'll be I can be happy and content, but if I am at times of unrest nothing will feel right. And this is why I am so happy there right now, because I found a long lost peace of mind. I have found me - I told them today that I am like a turtle right now, I carry my home on my back, or to be more precise, I can just feel at home anywhere. I now know that if things will change and I will move back here for some reason, I'll be OK, I'll be at home here as well. So I always said that once we crossed the ocean from our homeland to here we'll always be split between the two places, and now I understand that the opposite is true as well - that since I lived in both places, I can be happy here or there and I believe that I can feel at home almost anywhere.
I am thankful for the opportunity we had to move and live here for so many years. I am thankful for how much it opened our mind and broaden our horizon. I am thankful that it taught me such important lessons, about what is important for me in my life and what is not. and I am thankful for the new lesson about how much this is home as well, how much I love this house that I built and this place where I lived for so many years.

No comments: