Friday, May 6, 2011

Road Trip

Day 108 - After four and half months, and a week after arriving here, I finally met my son again. It was so good to see him and hug him, and as always, we continue our talk at the point where it ended, exactly as you want it to be. We are going to do skydiving tomorrow, so we drove towards that airport. We took the scenic route. This is one of the most beautiful drives in this country and it appears in so many movies and today, I drove on that road for the very first time. It was full of surprises, the sight of the ocean at every turn, gray with little waves. Few flocks of pelicans searching for the right place for the night and a whale!! yes, I was stunned to see a whale so close to the beach. We just stopped the car and watched. Later the road left the ocean and started climbing the mountains and still the road was pretty, just the scene changed to rolling hills with spring flowers and grasses everywhere. We found after a little search a place for the night in a little town that looks like out of a fairy book, or as if we are in Europe, in Denmark to be precise. It is very sweet and very pretty. I am just too tired to write about it today, I fall asleep as I write, so it is going to be very short entry. We went to a brewery here and I drank half a pint of beer, no wonder I am dead tired!! You know me and my great tolerance for alcohol :( it's a family joke and now in the open. I never drank that much in my life. I am lucky that it was a light beer. But I just got soooo very tired, not drunk or anything.

I just want to give thanks for this wonderful day. I am thankful for this opportunity to spend a day with my son, to take a road trip with him. It is something we talked about for so long and we are finally doing it. I am  thankful that we picked such a nice area for that trip. I am so tired and made so many mistakes so far, that I am thankful I finished writing and I can go to sleep :) I hope tomorrow I'll do a better job writing.

No comments: