Monday, May 23, 2011

Early Bed Time

Day 125 – I wake up every morning very early, and being a late owl, I also go to sleep very late. So I am always sleep deprived. Problem is that once the clock hits midnight, I get a second wind, in the last few nights I didn’t go to sleep before 2am every night. This evening after a very long and hectic day at work we went out to see an apartment (not a good one, needs a lot of TLC which is OK if I buy it but not as a rental), we decided not to go out to a café as we often do, but instead go back home and try to make it to bed by 10pm. Not sure it will be that early, I am still writing and I still have to take a shower, but it will be very early, no matter what. We might still watch a movie before going to sleep or we might crash while watching it, but it is so nice to have a very relaxed and chill evening after such a feverish day. Don’t get me wrong, I love that pace. I like it so much more then when things are slow. The days go by so fast, and I like the challenge. But I don’t want every day to be like that. I don’t want to become an “adrenaline junky”.  And I want to have a life that is not only work, and days like that don’t leave room for much else. So here I am done writing at 9:50 pm and who knows, maybe in 20 minutes I’ll be asleep…
I am thankful for a very interesting day at work today, very busy but also very interesting. I am thankful that I also have days that are not like that. I am thankful I can switch between the two and enjoy both worlds. I am thankful for the promise of early bed time. I’ll report tomorrow if it actually happened.   

No comments: