Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Doing Some Work As Well

Day 105 - I came here now not only to see my kids but also for work. I initiated a programs for our doctors to give lectures on behalf of our hospital, when they travel, if we have connections at the city they are in. I am responsible for the part of the country where I lived for 14 years. This is the first visit to the area and it is someone who came especially for that. So I arranged few meetings and a very nice evening event for him at the home of one of my friends. And of course, most people we invite do not come and so I was a little stressed at the beginning. I didn't want him to come especially for that and then not have a good turn-out. I reached out to all my friends and acquaintances that I thought might find it interesting. The numbers started to come up and I knew it will be OK. So today was the event. I picked them up from the airport and we drove to one meeting and then another and in the afternoon we drove to my city for a meeting and then for the evening presentation. All went very well and we even got a very firm commitment from one person to help and so I am very happy about it.
 I am very thankful to all my friends that came through and showed up in big numbers. I am thankful for my friend who so graciously opened her home to us. I am thankful it was a successful event and that it was a very good kick off to my activities here in the region.

No comments: