Saturday, May 7, 2011

Some Thoughts about the meaning of life

Day 109 - I woke up and my son is still asleep. I went over my entry from yesterday and was very impressed. I thought it will not even be coherent, but aside from few mistakes, which I already fixed, it was legible. I sure am thankful for that.
I am reading a book right now by Mitch Albom "Have a little faith" and I got to the a very powerful sermon his Rabbi gave years ago, and I like to quote here the summary of it - "if we tend to the things that are important in life, if we are right with those we love and behave in line with our faith, our lives will not be cursed with the aching throb of unfulfilled business. Our words will always be sincere, our embraces will be tight. We will never wallow in the agony of 'I could have, I should have.' We can sleep in a storm. And when it's time, our good-byes will be complete." How true is that, and how easy it is to waver from this path. but it should always be our goal - to live life of no regrets. To be kind and to express our love whenever we can. We might not have another chance to make it right. By the way - the book is very good, it brings up so many of these life altering questions. It talks about faith and happiness, life and death, and especially it raise all kind of thoughts about how to live our life and give meaning to it all.

I am thankful that I found this little book and I can read it now and let the right things resonate in me and see what it will bring up. I am thankful for having some of these things as cornerstones in my life. I am thankful for life, and for waking up yet another day, for another opportunity to make things right, to live and have few more good memories with loved ones. I am thankful to have such great love in my life.

No comments: