Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sick Day

Day 117  I woke up this morning with a massive headache, sore throat and very congested airways. If it wasn’t for some work I could not postpone, I would stay in bed all day. Somehow I dragged myself out of bed and to work and I made it through a whole day of very busy work. By the end of the day I started to feel a little better, so I hope tomorrow I’ll wake up fine, or close to that. I rarely get sick so it is something I am not familiar with and every time it catches me by surprise, but it’s no big deal and I know that even on the rare occasion that I do get sick, I’ll get better quickly. So it was a chill day when I got home in the evening, I just made soup(very good if I can say so myself) and didn’t do much else, just worked on my dad’s book. I talked to my niece and she sent me all the stuff she wrote and I will try to mash the two and add stories to where they belong in the storyline.  So sometimes it is good to have a down day, it gives me time to slow down and just rest, I sure don’t do that enough. I am happy it is not cold anymore so I am comfortable even without using my famous comforter. I will though, take a very hot shower and we might get into bed now and watch a movie until we fall asleep.  To me this sounds like a perfect ending to a” sick day”.
I am thankful that I don’t get sick often. I am thankful that I got to spend a relaxed evening. I am thankful that I have can enjoy hot tea and hot shower on days I am sick. And I am thankful for having my daughter with me here tonight so we can enjoy the rest of the evening together.

No comments: