Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Quiet Day

Day 113 – it was a quiet day. Not much happened, nothing really exciting to report. I went to work for a short time since I didn’t wake up in the morning – I guess I am jet lagged after all; I finally met my daughter in the afternoon; we went to a friend’s house for a “Shiv’a” to pay respect and sit with the family for a while as his father died while I was away; I went to buy some groceries and prepared dinner for both of us; we went for coffee at 11pm; nothing earth shuttering, just a slow and uneventful day. I am so happy that’s how my day went. It was a very intense trip; I was away for the past 12 days, so all I wanted was a very slow and uneventful day. Just to get back and settle in and have some time to spend with my daughter, to catch up after a long time I didn’t see her. I was happy to see her doing so well, looking so good and in a good mood. What else can I ask for? I came back yesterday and unpacked everything, and it was good to be home. It is my home here now and I am happy to be here. Everything is familiar by now and I just get right in the groove again. It’s nice to feel this is my home. I am moving between the two places and, as I said in one of my blogs, I know I can live in either side of the ocean, but I am at home here and I love that. It is so good to be back into my routine, into my life as I have them here.  
I am thankful to be back home. I am thankful to be here. I am thankful to be with my daughter again. I am thankful for a day that I have nothing to report.

No comments: