Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Stop and Smell the Flowers

Day 133 – there was a lot of talk about the event yesterday. Even before it’s over we start to hear criticism and remarks. It is human nature, I know, but I feel that we have to learn to control it and for just one moment enjoy what we have accomplished before we tear it apart. If we are too critical, we don’t encourage people to take risks, we don’t encourage creativity. We cannot come and say how bad things are, but instead sit back for a moment, enjoy the huge achievement done by so few very dedicated people they worked like crazy for months, and especially in the past month. We will never be happy if we cannot stop and celebrate achievements, if we cannot find the good in everything. I am not saying that we should not strive to get better, or that there is no place for improvements, on the contrary, I already wrote yesterday that there are things to learn from this experience, but not today, not even tomorrow, let’s do it next week and today, let toast to all those who made it happened. Let’s toast to all the thinking and the hard work and the endless work that went into creating such an event. Let the vultures go away, and learn to enjoy things. We are saying the same things – there is room for improvements, it is just the way things are being said and most of all – the timing. And timing is everything
I am thankful today that this annual event is over, and I can finally rest tonight and tomorrow.  I never did anything like this before and I enjoy it very much. I am thankful I could take part in such monumental event. And I am thankful I learned to step back and enjoy things and not just criticize, it makes for much happier and positive attitude.

No comments: