Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Here To Stay

Day 134 – Today was a very quiet day at work, exactly what I needed at the end of very hectic time. After work I went with my daughter to the beach and we stayed there for a few hours. I said few weeks ago that I have to do it more – so here I am, in the middle of the week and on the beach – how lucky I am to be able to do just that. I love the beach and I love seeing the sea and to be able to do it whenever I feel like it, is something I am very thankful for. We came home and I decided to take a look at the “apartments for rent” ads, I didn’t have time to do it in the past few days. And I saw few ads that where of interest to me. I placed a few phone calls (love it that it I can call at 9pm and still be able to see on the same night. We went to see an apartment that sounded very interesting on paper and it really was. Nice big rooms, full of light, 3 porches, and in very good condition. In short, I told him on the spot that we are taking it. Tomorrow I’ll sign the lease and when I come back from my visit to see my new granddaughter, we will move. I said it several times already, the apartment that I have right now is way too small and we needed the extra room and the extra storage. And I need a place where we can invite people and actually have a place for them to sit. I want a place that feels like home and not a transient place. I am staying here, I don’t have to pretend like I can grab my things any minute and run. It is not only an apartment that I have found today, it is a statement that I am here to stay. And this is definitely something to be thankful for.
I am thankful for the apartment I live in now; it did its job perfectly. It gave me shelter and base and stability, at times I needed to rebuild my life anew. I am thankful that I am now in a position to make such big decision as to living here for another year or two at least, that I have found peace and direction. I am thankful I found this new apartment that will upgrade my life so much.

No comments: