Thursday, June 2, 2011

Party Time

Day 135 – My daughter and her friends (11 of them) went to a party tonight not far from where I live. She talked about it for more than a week and asked if it’s OK that they all sleep here, since they live two hours away and there are no buses in the middle of the night. I said OK but was not sure how exactly they can all fit into my tiny apartment. I wasn’t even sure if they can all fit in standing. But as you know, I rented a new apartment yesterday. The landlord was very nice and even though I don’t take possession until the 10th of June, he allowed her to be there with all her friends. There is no furniture in the apartment, it’s completely empty, and I don’t even have enough blankets for 12 people. We tried to get some sleeping bags from friends but without much success. but today at work I got a great idea. I suddenly remembered that during the event we had at work two days ago we purchase many blankets since it was so cold. so I contacted the right person and asked if I can borrow 6 blankets until Sunday and of course he said yes; problem solved! So I am staying in my apartment tonight and don’t have to sleep at a friend’s house and my daughter is having a great time with her friends at our new apartment; one more reason to be thankful about this new place of ours. I said it already yesterday, I am so happy we found it, I am so thankful for the opportunity to live in a bit more luxury after almost a year to live in a place that was not really good enough, in a way we lived like squatters. not enough room for anything. I will be very happy to live in my new and much bigger apartment and to friends come over, something I couldn't do here.
I am thankful for an act of kindness of my new landlord, who allowed my daughter and her friends to sleep in the apartment that technically is not ours yet. And I am thankful for the very cold night in our event, that forced us to buy blankets, same blankets I borrowed today. I am thankful for all the joy a large group of kids can bring, and they can fill a whole house, not only a room with their wonderful energy and laughter. I am thankful that they are having a good time and that my daughter is so happy tonight. She went through so much in the past few months and I am so thankful to see here happy again.

No comments: