Thursday, June 16, 2011

Editing Pictures

Day 148 –
I am thankful I have the time right now to embark on such a monumental work. This will be my biggest present ever to my family. I am thankful about everything concerning this project from the idea to scanning and now editing, I am sure my gratitude will only increase as I work my way through (electronic) mounds of pictures. After a very long day in front of my computer, I am also very thankful I can go to sleep and give some rest to my eyes.
not much happened today. I worked most of the day on my albums project. The more I do it, the more I realize the magnitude of the mission I took upon myself. Years ago my oldest daughter took one album from her childhood and now I have asked her for it so I can add it to the project. Today I scanned it. I didn’t see these pictures in many years and so I enjoyed seeing them again. I also bought media CDs so I will have a mean of storing and distributing all these pictures to everyone. I am keeping the files by years and today I finished the first and I am already working on the second. I figured it took us 32 years to go through our life together; it should take at least few months to finish. I will make a copy to each one of us and since I have enough CDs I’ll make a copy to each one of the grandparents. They really don’t have many pictures of us and they missed on most of our life so this will be something they can cherish. After I’ll finish breaking the scanned pages to the individual pictures, restoring each one of them and then I’ll have to present it as a book, not sure yet how I’ll do the presentation of them all. Right now, even though it is such a tedious work, I am very happy I am doing it. I also bought “Photoshop” to have more control and more ability of working with the old pictures and to restore them as much as I can.  This is an amazing program and I am very happy I finally have a chance to learn it.

No comments: