Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Karaoke Club

Day 146 – it was beautiful day today. My son came home yesterday for the summer and he starts working on Wednesday, so we decided to go on a road trip. Like we both enjoy, we did no planning. We were in the car driving somewhere and decided to go. We drove through the city, stopped for lunch somewhere and continued on our way north. We drove through the wine country and could not resist the sign for complimentary wine tasting and went into that winery. It was a beautiful estate and great wines, probably the best wine tasting I had in a very long time, if not the best ever. And we spent there a very long time. We continued on our way and we kept walking into interesting places – a garden with a Very big blue chair (don’t ask – no idea) on which we both took a very long nap; a park with a giant eucalyptus tree that my son just had to climb; an ice-cream shop that everything there was about cows; and a lovely bead store where I could not resist buying some very beautiful beads (a shocker!); in short an amazing day. To finish it off we planned to go to see a movie. We arrived a few minutes early and haven’t eaten all day and so we stepped into a near-by bar to buy something, just to find out they have a karaoke night. We just had to stay. My son performed few songs and enabled me a pick into a part of his life I never saw before and I loved it. He is fun and charming and really got into the music so it was so great to see him like that – I told him he should join a band. He is really good and has a real stage presence and he also sings well. We sang one song together and I also sang one alone. The whole experience was really great and I got to do one more item on my bucket list – to sing in a karaoke bear. Yeeee!!!
I am thankful for an absolutely great day. I am thankful for the wine we tasted and for the wines we bought and now wait to drink. I am thankful for all the little things we did and saw today. I am most thankful for the karaoke singing – I got to do one more thing on my list. One more thing I felt it is pushing the envelope every time a little more. I was a little uncomfortable and I am very happy I did that song. It felt so good while doing it and even more so later. I sang tears in heaven – one of my all times favorite, so I am very thankful for the.

No comments: