Saturday, June 25, 2011

An Amazing Family

Day 157 – my daughter came here to be a lone soldier, as did all her group. All the families stayed behind and just this group of youngsters came here. So part of that program is that they are going into very small communities that are helping them and taking care of them and also every one of them was matched with a family that is “adopting” them for that period of time. My daughter’s family is just incredible. They have 4 kids of their own and yet they find the time to care about her and host her and visit her when she was in the hospital. And most of all they love her ad make her feel very welcome. It is amazing that people getting out of their way to make someone they don’t even know feel at home, make the adjustment into the life here so much easier because of that. And it is not only my daughter’s family, it’s every adapting family of her group. All the kids love it and go to eat dinner with the families every Friday night and only later hang out with their friends. You don’t see this kind of welcome and of generosity anywhere else, it’s hard to believe something like that still exists. And even among all these wonderful people, my daughter’s family stands out as very special. She is very lucky to have such wonderful family. Today she came here to celebrate her 19th birthday with her family and her friends from the group, but she is flying tomorrow, so I brought her today and I am staying the night with her family – she has no room for me where she lives – and tomorrow morning we will drive back. They took me in, hosted me so nicely and no questions just a big open heart.
I am so thankful to this wonderful family who makes my daughter’s life here so special, who makes her feel so welcomed and loved. I am thankful for their hospitality, care and love. I am thankful to this great community for taking in our kids and taking such good care of them, for helping them make this otherwise difficult times so exciting and memorable, for giving them the time fo their lives.

No comments: