Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Tree of Life

Day 147 – We, my son and I watched the movie” Tree of Life” tonight. At the end of the movie people just stayed in their sits, no one got up. We stood in the parking lot for more than an hour and just talked about it and about life and choices we make. It was very profound conversation that would have never come up if it wasn’t for that movie. Not many times we have the chance to really talk about things in the core of our being and with intense honesty, we just don’t take the time and it doesn’t just come up in a regular conversation. We had to have such a strong trigger to do so. I try to have open channels with my children with different degrees of success, but even then, some things are never brought up. Tonight we closed some gaps. We laughed and we cried, we hugged and told how much we love each other. We brought up things that were under the surface for a very long time and now we finally talked about them. Apologized when apology was in order and made peace with all the facets of our lives.  I will remember this evening for a very long time as a very special one. I feel blessed to be able to have such relationship and such conversation with my son; most parents will never reach that place. To me, there is nothing more dear in life then my children and so every such moment is more important than I can ever express in words. It is very difficult for me to be so far from him, but I hope we will find a way to live again in the same place, and in the mean time we will have to do our very best to keep our communication going. Such weekends, such road trip as we just did, are the building blocks for that.

I am thankful for an amazing evening with my son. I am thankful a 25 years old young man still cares about me and takes the time to talk and to listen, and most of all to open his heart. I am thankful beyond words for the past two days and the so many wonderful hours we spent together. I am the luckiest of moms for that.

No comments: